Rescued Springer Spaniel Questions
We just rescued a Springer Spaniel from someone who saved him from getting put down at the humane society. He has been fixed. He is a little over a year old. He goes for two walks a day, and usually some play time in our yard (small) or the dog park. Return to Love Springer Spaniels FAQsReturn to Love Springer Spaniels Homepage
Since I am the one that feeds him, walks him, etc 90% of the time, he has attached himself to me and follows me everywhere. They told me he was crate trained, but he doesn't want to go in there until I throw treats in and then he tries to keep his back fee out so I can't shut it. lol I guess I just have some general questions.
1. Is it normal for them to attach mainly to one person?
2. When I take him to the dog park he seems to tire quickly, is that normal? It doesn't seem like it...
3. He sleeps on the floor in our room currently, as he won't sleep in the crate or on his bed by himself downstairs. He is mostly potty trained, but for no apparent reason sometimes will pee on the carpet or rugs and not even try to let me know he needs to go out. I am trying to crate train him so he has a safe place to be when we leave the house, but is it ok to put them in there at night for bed? I am afraid he will freak out because he seems to be very attached to me.
4. He has just started trying to get food off of my counter tops or from my two year old. I sternly tell him no when he does it, but is this the right thing to do? He is very hard headed..
5. How should I handle it when he does have an accident on the floor?
Sorry for all of the questions, but I would be more than grateful for any advice anyone could give.